Sunday, November 4, 2012

Abused Dog Kalise Waiting for Second Chance at Life


A female dog, possibly abused by breeders, is a high-kill New York shelter, waiting for somebody to finally give her a home before her turn for euthanasia arrives.

The following description of the dog Kalise is provided by a Facebook post (in the dogs own words).

KALISE - A0950246
I am an unaltered female, brown brindle Cane Corso mix.
The shelter staff think I am about 6 years old.
I weigh 90 pounds.
I was found in NY 11225.
I have been at the shelter since Oct 30, 2012.

A volunteer at the shelter descries Kalise thus:

Kalise is not happy in her kennel and cries to come out! She is a large dog and was probably used to roam free in a yard. She even had a companion, Maleyo who was brought along with her. She clearly misses him and seems all excited in a nice way to see him. Kalise is an imposing big girl but such a mush. I just love her..... She is so good on the leash, walking calmly by my side and checking on me all the time. Yes, we are in sync, sweetie, do not worry...She sits on command, tries to come with her 90 pounds on my lap and gives so many kisses. Kalise is such a gentle female. She is beautiful in her oversized body. She has very sweet eyes . If someone tried to make her look mean by cropping her ears, he or she did not succeed. Kalise is very tender and loving.There is so much to love about her...Kalise has had many litters and it seems that she had one not that long ago. I wonder where all these babes are. They must be gigantic like their parents...Kalise looks like a healthy girl and she has many good years ahead of her given a chance. She is an awesome dog, affectionate and well mannered. I hope that soon, someone will fall in love with her and take her to her new forever home.

If interested in adopting this dog, please follow the instructions of the shelter:

For more information on a particular dog, email adoption@nycacc.org, but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment