Thursday, October 4, 2012

Handsome and Friendly Dog in NYC Needs Immediate Rescue

While he looks handsome as a film star in his tuxedo, Brooklyn finds himself on “the list” tonight. Black dogs are typically slower to get adopted than dogs of other colors. And Brooklyn faces death for lack of space unless pulled urgently from the New York pound where he is caged.  

A volunteer writes in Brooklyn’s voice:

Hi - I'm Brooklyn! How dashing am I in my tuxedo coat and bow tie? I had a date with a volunteer so wanted to look my best! I was surrendered by my owner who is moving somewhere where I wasn't welcome. I lived with other dogs and like to play. I'm house trained, crate trained, friendly to everyone, like children and know “sit” and “stay”. My former family took good care of me, my weight is perfect, my coat gleams, and I was trained to walk well on the leash. I'm pretty much a rock star if I do say so myself. I'm hoping you will ask to meet me when you visit, as I would really like to find a new family to take care of.

Very friendly toward all, Brooklyn is an awesome boy with wonderful soft energy who is looking for a new home. He is neutered and ready to put his head in your lap for some snuggles.

Formal behavior evaluation tells that Brooklyn was calm and relaxed during handling and when playing tag with assessor. He did not resist being handled while eating, and was easily
pushed out of the food bowl, but was not interested in toys or rawhide. Brooklyn was stiff when approaching other dog, but showed no aggression.

Brooklyn is available for direct adoption at the Manhattan Animal Care & Control in NYC (326 E 110th Street, New York, NY 10029) (shelter website: http://www.nycacc.org/).

For information on HOW TO ADOPT please view: http://on.fb.me/Q4x1VS.

If you would like to foster this dog, or would like to adopt but cannot make it to the shelter directly, please contact rescue groups for assistance: http://www.bruisednotbroken.com/rescues.pdf. Contact as many rescue groups as you can until you (hopefully) find one that is willing to send you an application and, pending approval, "pull" this dog for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment